This policy governs the use and disclosure by Clear Objects of personal information of its users, and outlines how its users can access that information.
2. Information that Clear Objects will collect
Evaluation License Holders
For users downloading the evaluation license, the following personal information is collected:
- Email Address
Commercial License Holders
For users downloading the commercial license, the following personal information is collected:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
For users of the forum, the following personal information is collected:
- Email Address
- Username & Password
This information will be collected with your knowledge and participation. The information for commercial license holders is received from PayPal as part of the purchase process. If you choose not to provide this information, Clear Objects may decline to accept your registration. It will not normally be possible for you to deal with Clear Objects anonymously.
Clear Objects's Web site may track user access sessions using cookies, without your specific knowledge or participation, by automated means in the course of your use of Clear Objects' network. Cookies are a Web browser technology that is used by Clear Objects to improve your experience of using its Web site, but are not used to record any personal information. You may disable cookies in your Web browser at the cost of some possible loss of functionality in your use of the Clear Objects Web site.
3. Sensitive information
Clear Objects will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless compelled to do so by law.
4. Purposes for which information is collected
The personal information collected by Clear Objects may be used for the following purposes:
- To administer the evaluation and commercial license holders and our forum;
- For billing purposes;
- For any other purpose for which you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used by Clear Objects; and
- For any other purpose authorised by the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
4. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- To authorised officers of Clear Objects and their agents for the purpose of administering Clear Objects' evaluation and commercial licenses;
- Under compulsion of law, for example if a warrant or court order is received;
- To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual's life or health;
- To you or with your consent; or
- For any other purpose authorised by the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act - 1988.
Otherwise Clear Objects will use its reasonable endeavours to avoid the disclosure of your personal information, save that aggregated demographic information may be disclosed so long as the information is unable to identify you or any other individual.
5. Accessing your personal information
You can contact Clear Objects to request a copy of your personal information by emailing our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Privacy Officer shall attend to your request on a confidential basis within 30 days of the request being received.
6. Fees for access to personal information
No fee will be levied for access to information described in clause 2 above.
7. Refusal of access
Access to your personal information may be refused if:
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous and vexatious;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law; or
- for any other reason authorised by the Australian National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act - 1988.
8. Data quality
Clear Objects will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information collected about you. Should personal information that you know Clear Objects has collected about you change, it is your responsibility to bring the changes to Clear Objects' attention which you may do by email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
9. Data security
Clear Objects will endeavour to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible. Without limitation, registration information is not accessible over the Internet, but only from a secure password-protected internal workstation. Clear Objects' Internet server utilises a modern Linux-based and Windows Server based operating system that is maintained with the latest available security patches and updates.
Clear Objects may amend the terms applying to the use of your personal information at any time, subject to informing you of the amendments by publishing the revised policy on its Web site.